Improving your wellbeing - socially, economically and environmentally
We support your community with a range of initiatives including energy saving, employment opportunities, enterprise, training and volunteering. As our work goes far beyond bricks and mortar we will continue to develop and expand this support.
Corporate social responsibility
For 2018/19, we will be focusing on the following:
- £4.3m Housing Association Charitable Trust (HACT) Social Value
- 15 new business start-ups
- 80 work experience placements
- 40 apprenticeships
For 2018/19 we will be focusing on the following:
- Strive for intelligent and sustainable solutions in the new homes we build, focusing on energy and water efficiency, sustainable sources of heat and power, materials and air quality/ventilation;
- Recycle, reduce and reuse in our business operations, from printing to lighting to office supplies;
- Encourage and support our staff to use low-carbon transport, offering bike storage, showers, a cycle-to-work scheme and Oyster cards for work;
- Raise awareness among our residents on how they can reduce energy and water use at home and about the benefits of leading healthier, more sustainable lives;
- Measure and report our environmental performance.